Sunday, March 8, 2015

Teaching Channel: Formative Assessment



I believe exit tickets are great ways to assess students. It is quick and can be used during any point throughout the day. Not only does it provide the teacher with immediate feedback, it also allows students to visually see if they are understanding the material and if they need to ask the teacher for additional help. Throughout my fieldwork experience and my substitute teaching experience, I have seen more and more teachings use and implement exit tickets in their classroom. I also strongly agree when April Pforts compared formative teaching and exit tickets to taking students on a trip. The teacher needs to pick the destination in where she wants to take her students in learning, the route to get there, and anticipated stops and detours. This is a great analogy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment