Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Cooperative Lesson Reflection






     Personally, I thought the cooperative lesson was a great lesson. However there were some aspects of the lesson that I would change. I would change the three historical figures in the lesson because they weren't introduced in the Direct Instruction Lesson. Instead of having each group research each person, I would have one group research one person, and then each group would present and teach their findings to the class.

     Even though some aspects need to change in the lesson, some can remain the same because they worked so well. One aspect of the lesson that worked really well, was the implementation of QR codes. Students love to use Ipads and technology. QR codes allowed the students to scan the code with an Ipad and brought them directly to the appropriate site. This saved a lot of time, instead of having the students search their own websites or try and copy the URL. I also liked the implementation of music as a que for the students to finish up their historical figure and to move onto the next historical figure.

     I have received great feedback on how to better this lesson. After putting much thought and consideration into the cooperative lesson, I modified the lesson. I changed the three historical figures to people who were mentioned in the Direct Instruction lesson. I would also make sure there were more available Ipads, so every student could research and participate. Implementing this cooperative lesson was a great learning experience, one that I will implement in my future elementary classroom.


1 comment:

  1. Very insightful response Brittany. You are a model in terms of your ability to self critique the lessons that you taught during the semester.

    ReplyDelete